Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Monday March 11, 2013-Oasis RV Resort

I know I skipped right over Sunday, but it was a cold and rainy morning. I went for a walk this morning between showers, and had another little chat with God. When I don't go to church I try to spend some time walking and chatting with Him.

Sunday afternoon we met Tommy & Susan and Bill and Alena at the Top Water Grill for lupper. It was another great seafood meal and everyone enjoyed it and we spent a couple of hours, just sitting and talking. This may be the last time we can spend time with them on this trip back to Texas but there's always the future.

Monday morning I took care of my chores outside and then spent some time finishing a book on my Kindle and reading some blogs. It was a nice morning to get caught up with my friend's blogs and see where they are and what they are doing.

Things changed drastically in the afternoon because we went to pick up Tyler and Cameron. It has been so long that I couldn't remember if they had spent a night with us in the new trailer, but they soon reminded me. Actually, it was after 8 o'clock before we were able to get them picked up, mainly because of Tyler having to go to driver's education. He and his Mom went over this afternoon to get his learner's permit from the DPS office in Texas City, but found that Kim hadn't brought the proof of enrollment in school that is required. I think it is a good thing to require being in school to get a license.  I know it is a big deal to get your first license, and this makes you stay in school. I was reminded (again) of how things have changed since I got my drivers license. Back in the day, you could take the written test and driving test on the same day but now Tyler will have to wait at least 6 months to take his driving test. And now, Drivers Ed is required of anyone 16 or 17 years old. At 18, one can just take the test.

At any rate, it won't be long until Tyler has his permit and begins to drive a car. Look out drivers, here comes Tyler!

We brought them home and I was reminded how much two big ol' boys can eat! Tyler hadn't been able to eat before he went to drivers school and since Cam couldn't let Tyler eat alone, they both had two! ham and cheese sandwiches. I love these boys, but I can't afford to feed them...

So long.

No comments: