Friday, March 15, 2013

Thursday March 14, 2013-Oasis RV Resort

This is the time of year that everyone loves. Cool in the early morning but as soon as the sun comes up, it warms up. By 9 or so, it is fine to go out without a jacket. It won't be long before it will be hot by 9! I took advantage of the great weather to take a nice long walk this morning and then got busy and started washing the trailer. I got the front and rear caps done and the entire door side. I was pleasantly surprised to see how water beads up all over, which means I won't have to apply as much wax as I had expected to.

I came inside and after a cooling off period, began working on the Indiana Chapter rally that we are hosting in May. I talked to the Heartland dealer in Elkhart and we worked on the details and everything is coming into place.

We went over to see Harry and Judy this evening. It has been a long time since we've seen our good friends and we had a great time with them. Judy made some margaritas, cheese dip and home made salsa for appetizers before the meal of tacos. Man, I had forgotten what a good cook Judy is! Not sayin' that she's better than Stella, but she is a very good cook. We had a nice visit with them but I started tiring out about 8 o'clock because I had stayed up until MIDNIGHT last night watching Duck Dynasty. Kim and the boys had told me about this show, which I hadn't watched at all until now. Wow, when I started watching, I couldn't stop! The show is totally unscripted, so these rednecks just say whatever comes to mind.

You know, we have made so many good friends over the years and I wish that there was a way to have a gathering of them somewhere. We'd probably have to rent an entire RV park, so I guess that wouldn't work... Nice thought though.

So long.

No comments: