Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sunday September 6, 2009-Priest Gulch RV Resort

t
Here are a group of the blue birds that are eating us out of house and home. They eat a tremendous amount of food every day, and help me if I forget to put out more food, or am late putting it out. In this picture, I had just put some out in the feeder and had spread some on the ground. The small sparrows usually take what is on the ground, but today the larger birds were eating off the ground.

It must have rained heavily upstream because the river level was up and as you can see from the picture below, kind of red.

The red color comes from the runoff through the red dirt in this area. It only lasts a little while and the water goes back to its normal crystal clear color. or would that be, a lack of color. I guess if it is clear, it would be without color, right?
We stayed home today and took care of stuff here in the trailer. Stella took the books and CD's out of the cabinet over the couch and rearranged them. I had kept a small collection of books and she found some others that needed to be gone through. She probably found 8-10 books that we will give away, and put the movies in a box so they can be reviewed easier.
I worked on setting up our Skype account so that we can contact others by phone here from the computer. Skype uses VOIP or Voice Over Internet Protocol to furnish phone service. I used their Instant Messaging (IM) when I worked in Manvel but had not used the phone service. It is pretty cool and the signal is crystal clear. I use headphones with a built-in microphone but if your computer has a built in mic you don't need the headphones. When you're as deaf as I am, the headphones are a great help. I can hear and understand Tyler especially better. He talks softly and fast at times, making understand difficult, but with the headphones he comes in loud and clear.
I got another invitation to sign up for Facebook and took it up today. It took much longer than I expected to get signed up and all the questions answered. I'm told that it is a great way to keep up with classmates and old friends. I will continue to use it and check it out.
I took a walk up to the top of the road behind our site here. The walk is called "cardiac hill" because of the incline up the side of the mountain. When I got to the top, it looks as if someone is clearing a home site there. A large area has been cleared of trees and brush and flattened but no actual construction has started.
We sat outside and had a fire in the fire ring with our neighbors, Bob and Sheila. We had a nice visit with them until the wet wood finally stopped burning and we went back inside. It was too cold to sit outside without the fire comfortably, so we called it a night.
So long.



No comments: