Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wednesday September 23, 2009-Priest Gulch campground

Another 30 degree morning today. Our neighbors a couple of doors down have recorded temperatures that are colder by a couple of degrees but then they ARE further north than us.....

We didn't leave the park again today. I took another walk up the mountain and around the park this morning and Stella took care of her clients' books.

Tommy intended to go for a ride up into the mountain again today to take some more photos but decided not to go because Tess was still not feeling well and he didn't want her to be confined in the car for that long. Susan was busy with cleaning up the motorhome after the rat was seen again in the storage compartment. There was evidence that a rat or mice had been inside their house in some drawers, so she wasn't taking any chances and thoroughly cleaned everything.

Susan came over and told us about a birthday party for one of our new friends, Dick. He is 86 years old and lives in Deer Park where Tommy and Susan live. It was to be a potluck meal, so Stella said she would make some potatoes to bring. We all met at the gazebo on the other side of the river for the party. It was a very nice time and I know that Dick appreciated everything.

I got the news this afternoon that my Aunt Frat had passed away. She was my favorite great-aunt and we spent a lot of time at her house when I was a kid. I regret that we are so far away and can't make it to her funeral but I sent my love by Janie, and will do my best to get to Center and visit with them as soon as we can.

We came back home and relaxed until around 6:30 when Tommy came by and said that there was another campfire at Linda and Gene's place. They have been coming here to the park for 12 years, so there was a lot of talk about what had gone on around her in the past. The main topic was the rats and mice that have been in the park and the one that had run around the fire the other night. We didn't see any more tonight but Gene showed us a very large rat trap that he was using in his woodpile to try to catch the rat. We all went home around 8:30.

So long.

No comments: