Saturday, August 27, 2011

Friday August 26, 2011-Moving day-Jameson Inn to Elkhart Campground

Today came none too soon! We are so ready to leave the hotel and get back into our home. There was some confusion over when the fellow from Lippert was to come to RV Capitol to bring them some heavy bolts and to do some welding, so the guys at RVC went ahead with the welding. To make a long story short, we waited all afternoon for the work to be completed alongside the RVC shop, which was not completed until after 5. I don't know if it would have been done if we hadn't been there but we got 'er done, got hooked up and came on back to the campground. It's so nice to be back home!

After getting everything set back up, I walked around the park for a bit. I met Dave and his wife Judy and briefly spoke to Jim and Linda, our new friends from the RV show. I had a nice visit with them before it was time to take Stella to the local Dairy Queen for supper. Remember when we were kids and it was a BIG DEAL to go out to eat? Even to the DQ for a burger was a major deal. It's amazing how much we have changed.

I am sooooo glad my teen years are over! We sat next to a group of 15-16 year old kids and they are so silly, even goofy. I might like to return to my 30's but not much earlier. Teen age is out of the question. Sorry for that little rant.

Again, we are so glad to be back in our trailer!

So long.

No comments: