Thursday, August 4, 2011

Monday August 1, 2011-Newberry KOA

Today we had to move from the site we were in, #111, into site #86 because someone had reserved 111, so I woke pretty early and got started. I had taken the porch and steps down the night before, so the only thing I had to do was the utilities, the chairs and the patio mat. Stella had done a little bit the night before, so as soon as we finished breakfast, we started getting ready to move. The move, which was just across the street was done in no time at all, and by 10 o'clock, we were done and had not even broken a sweat. The only bad thing was that the satellite wouldn't pick up anything even though I tried several times.

Jim came by and asked about the electrical service and I told him that it had worked well and hadn't given us any further trouble. I knew that the 30 amp service that we were going to in the new site would be fine but we would only be able to use one air conditioner, although we hadn't been using more than one anyway because of the cooler weather up here.

There were some people in the park that were there to visit a relative who was staying across the street from us. The man was named Orville and came over to ask me if I knew his cousin, but I told him that we had just gotten into this site and although I had seen them in the park, I had not met them and didn't know where they were. Orville and his wife sat outside and visited with us for an hour or so, but finally gave up on his cousin and left.

We took the truck into Newberry to the Dodge dealer to have the fuel filter changed out. It was about 4,000 miles past due, but most of the fuel that had been burned had come from my big tank, so it had been filtered twice more before it got to the engine, so no harm, no foul. I was a little worried about having the work done here since they didn't have the simple fuel filter that has been used for two years on Dodge diesel trucks, but they got it done pretty quick and a little cheaper than I had been quoted at Tomball Dodge.

We ate leftovers tonight to get the fridge cleaned out and hung out here. This new site is very shaded, so it was nice to sit outside and talk to our neighbors that walked by. Orville's cousin never did get back.

So long.

No comments: