Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tuesday August 23, 2011-Jameson Inn

Today was a slow day for us and I want to take a little time away from my normal blogging to talk about the recent death of my niece Wendy Dean. Wendy was my sister Bobbye Sue's oldest child. She and my daughter Jennifer were near the same age.
Sunday night my brother Phil called me with the bad news that Wendy had been killed in a traffic accident. As I told you on that day's post, I made the notifications to members of my family and put up a post on Facebook. Bobbye Sue and I were two years apart in school and have many friends from Ball High school in Galveston, so this was the best way to get the word out.


Although it is tragic that Wendy lost her life, it just served as a reminder to my kids that we all need to stay in touch better. We have all said at one time or another, "the only time the family gets together is at weddings or funerals" and that is so true. The girls and I have talked more this week than we have this entire year, and that isn't enough. We have begun to make plans to do a get-together in the fall after we return to Spring, our winter home. I hope that we can stick with this plan because you never know when an accident will occur. Its a shame that it took something like this to bring us back together.


Not much to tell about today. The trailer is still in the shop but the new tank is being delivered this afternoon. We are waiting on the Lippert welders to do their thing on the front frame damage. Hopefully it will be ready tomorrow.


So long.







1 comment:

Rick and Brenda said...

We were sad to hear of your loss. And, yees you are right about keeping in touch with family. It is so important.