Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tuesday March 17, 2009

Today is our travel day from Serendipity RV park in Palacios back to Rayford Crossing in the Woodlands. I went out about 7AM to start putting things away and getting ready to go. David soon came out, but he had started last night and was much more ready to go than I was. I made good time and we were ready to go soon. Stella got everything inside ready too, so we pulled out at 9:10. Since David and I had both refueled yesterday, we made good time down the road. The traffic was light and we made very good time. We made one stop at the Buc-EE's just outside of Angleton.

We made it to Rayford about noon, and in what seemed like no time at all, we were all set up and ready to relax. The winter Texans in the park had organized a St. Patrick's Day green beer party and potluck dinner at the rally hall. We went down at 4 and had a very good time seeing old friends at the park. We were welcomed back to the park by many of our friends here. We told and retold our stories about the valley and our good and bad times.

After supper, I went inside the trailer and watched NCIS, my favorite show on television. When it went off, I went back out to sit at Tommy and Susan's motorhome where Tommy had built a big campfire. Again, it was nice to see old friends again and a great way to return to Rayford.

Til next time,

No comments: