Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tuesday March 31, 2009

I woke real early this morning but went back to sleep in my chair. I went down to the rally hall and got the coffee ready for the guys. We had a pretty good turnout, with Jim, Bill, Dwayne, Mack, Bob and Heartland owner Bob Curry.

I went back home after coffee and ate some grits for my breakfast. I worked around the house this morning; I put away my Texas Boomer flamingos and fishing rods to clean up under the trailer. I put the new hummingbird feeder pole together and hung it up in the yard. It will be interesting to see how many hummers I can attract. A cold front came in with rain and cooler weather, which ran me back inside. I read some and caught up with my blog, so it all worked out.

Jim B called asking about a reservation that wasn't showing up on my list of attendees. I went to the office and found that the man had signed up online and had a reservation, but I had no record of his name. I plan to change the way people sign up in the future. It is confusing when people do their own thing to register with the park and I don't have any record of it.

After getting bored with sitting around, Bill and I decided to ride up to the Haven's Landing KOA to check it out as a possible site for a Heartland rally. When we arrived, I was not real impressed when the young lady in the office told me that she could not tell me about the rally rates. I asked her what the rates would be and she said "it depends". When I asked her what it depended on, she said she didn't know. I don't know why they referred me to her in the first place when there is another lady named Judy that is the events manager. Judy came out and gave me the information that I need to plan our next rally.

We stopped and filled up Bill's truck and acme on back to the park. The Bobcat called me to ask about my fire pit. He was looking at one at Target that has an ice bucket included but he didn't buy it.

We came back to the park and sat around at Bill's trailer until Stella fixed supper of spaghetti and meat sauce. It was very good, and we sat outside chatting. Bob came over and we hung out until I went in to watch NCIS on TV.

A nice finish to the day.

No comments: