Friday, August 14, 2009

Thursday and Friday August 13 & 14, 2009-Green Caye RV Park, Dickinson

Thursday we went up to our storage room in the Woodlands near Rayford Crossing. We needed to clean out the room and move it to Texas City to our new location there that we will share with Kim.

Before going to the mini-storage, we dropped off some paper back books at the Rayford Crossing library. We have accumulated so many books that are still in good condition I hate to get rid of. I checked by at a used book store in Dickinson to see if there is a market to sell them, but learned that they only give in-store credit and I would rather give them away to other RV'ers. We had a nice visit with Gwen and stayed there much longer than we should have. WE changed our site for the rally from number 61 to premium site #74. I think this will work much better for the rally.

We picked up a truck load and took it down to Texas City and put it into the new storage room. This room is much larger than the one we had in Spring and or truck load looks tiny in this big room. We came back to Dickinson and stopped off at Keyworth's Hardware and had some more keys made to the padlock for Kim and Jeremy.

By the time we got back, it was after 3 o'clock and both of us were hungry so we came home and fixed something to eat. We weren't all that tired but had spent all day and didn't want to go back to Houston in the traffic.

Friday morning we slept a little later since we didn't have that much to do this morning. Man, the time just gets away. By the time I watched Jerry Springer it was time to go. I have told Stella that I will work on taking her to see Jerry in person but we'll have to go to New York, so I don't know when that may be. You've got to admit, that would be a real treat to be able to see the Jerry Springer show as it is being filmed. I'm such a good husband.....

It was more of the same when we got to the storage lot. We finished up with all of our stuff and stopped by the office to tell them we had moved out. The lady in the office was out running errands so we had to come back, but we got it done. We took our stuff down to Texas City and dropped it off, but when Stella tried the new keys, none would work. We took the keys back to Keyworth but they didn't have the right blank. We ended up going to a locksmith in League City to have the keys made. Again, we killed all day but at least we got the storage problem taken care of.

So long.

No comments: