Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thursday February 21, 2013-Moving Day-Ancient Oaks RV park, Rockport to Woodland Lakes RV Park


We left the Coastal Bend area this morning. We had a great time visiting with our friends at the Meet and Greet and look forward to coming back next season. Stella and I talked about it on the trip today but haven't made up our minds about when we'll be back.

Here is the picture of the damage to the fender on my truck. I just couldn't see that tree in the blind spot and this is the result. Anyone do body work?

We slept late this morning, about 7:30 but once we got started, things went pretty well. I chatted a bit with a couple of the men in the park who needed information on going across Houston toward Beaumont which I was glad to give.

We pulled out about 9:40 and made good time going down Hwy. 35. Before turning off, I was getting more than 13 mpg by the truck computer. I know, I know, they're not accurate, but I'd rather be showing 13 than 8!

We made only one stop today, at the Buccee's store in Wharton. Love me some Buccee's! We got some sandwiches and kept on rolling.It's a good thing we weren't depending on this station for fuel. All of the pumps were down fore remodeling  but the store was open.

We made it  to Woodland Lakes RV Park  about 2 o'clock and were soon checked in. The couple that is working here also have a Landmark, but their's is a 2006 Mount Rushmore. They said they love their classic Landmark and we had a nice chat with them about it. The man, Fred, is quite a character and I am looking forward to our stay here. Please stay tuned.

So long.















































































1 comment:

Larry and Samantha Bandstra said...

:( Gonna be hard to was out that dent.