Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday February 20, 2013-Ancient Oaks RV Park and Campground

Today was the much-anticipated Meet and Greet in Aransas Pass that was put on by Karen (herbiesrig on the Heartland forum). She has been organizing all sorts of meals out to eat for the group in the Coastal Bend region of Texas/

We have a pretty good selection of food laid out for us. Jim is getting ready to ask the blessing for the food and it won't be long until most of this food will disappear.

The Winter Texan band did a good job of playing for us today. They are winter Texans from all over that get together to play music and they are very good.

The Winter Texan band getting ready to play. 

There was a good turnout of about 50-60 people here today. All of us are staying in the Coastal bend area of Aransas Pass, Rockport and Fulton. I'm sure that there may have been people staying in other areas.

Let the dancing begin. Not many dancers out there yet. 

Even Jim and Nancy got out on the dance floor. I think that's Bernie, the Happy Kraut behind Jim with his new Heartland cap on.

 I don't remember what song was playing, but they sure got out of their seats to dance to this one. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

There's Bernie, doffing his hat to me. I think he's just teasing me with that new cap.  I'll catch him napping and then I'll doff the hat at HIM!

 This is the original group that started having these meetings and delicious meals. Congratulations to the founders!

The founding ladies.

Don and Monica rode with us to the event. Don, being from this area, was kind enough to take us for a tour the other day, so I drove today. When I backed into the parking space, I didn't see a tree that was in my blind spot and hit it with my right fender. Big ol' bo-bo on the truck. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. I'm still nursing the cuts and bruises from Stella...

So long.

No comments: