Monday, November 23, 2009

Friday November 20, 2009-Rayford Crossing

We had another large group for coffee this morning and had to set up another table to hold everyone. I guess the entries onto the calendar are paying off. I came home and Stella was working on her doctor's work again, so we just hung out in the trailer again. I walked a lot today because I have to go visit the doctor for my quarterly checkup next week and I don't want to get yelled at.

Diabetes is a fearful disease because many victims are not ill and have few symptoms. I have type 2 diabetes which is treated with diet control, exercise and oral medications. I have been diagnosed with it for over 10 years and so far have been able to control it with a variety of oral drugs. I will find out next week how I am doing.

We had an unscheduled committee meeting this afternoon. There were some changes that I had talked to Diane about such as changing bingo night to another night to leave Friday nights for our "street parties". I want to include rallies into our parties because I know that there are a lot of people that come in on a Friday night for a rally, have worked all day and then had to drive to the park. They set up their rig when they arrived here and many times don't want to fix supper. Instead of going out, why not invite them to our party? It seems like a win-win situation to me. We would have more people for the parties, they will appreciate the efforts of the park to include them which will hopefully bring in more business for the park, and we will make many more friends. The street party will be listed as weather permitting, but we will have to contact the wagonmaster of the rally to get permission to use the rally hall for our party. I also suggested that Michelle contact the wagonmasters so there are no privacy issues over one or more of the committee members contacting someone without permission. Also the wagonmaster would be asked for a tentative head count for the party. We will ask anyone attending to either bring a dish to the potluck dinners or to pay a nominal fee for the party. I think that's only fair.

We also had a lot of discussion over a suggestion from Frank that the committee buy him a Sam's club card so he can buy the breakfast supplies there. The idea was nixed because it would be issued to a specific person who could use the card for their own personal purchases. It didn't take Frank long to find out that his card was turned down because about 10 minutes after the meeting ended, he was knocking at my door to go to Sam's to buy for tomorrow's breakfast. I don't mind taking him to the store and had offered to do so in the meeting.

We played bingo tonight. I usually don't play but decided late in the afternoon that I would play. I'm glad I did because I won the big pot of the night. Billy won the first two games and everyone joked that the fix was in, but when Nick won the third game there were really some eyebrows raised. Of course, Gwen calling the numbers made it even funnier, but I pulled out the win in the final game. We all had a good time and it was nice to play with many of our friends here in the park.

So long.


No comments: