Friday, November 6, 2009

Thursday November 5, 2009-Rayford Crossing

Even more came down for coffee this morning. Jim said he made 40 cups and we almost ran out. We had lots of good chat and solved several problems.

Stella and I had some errands to run today, so since it was another beautiful day, we went down to Channelview Supply to look at some director chairs. They were higher here than anywhere we had looked so far, so we didn't buy anything. We then went to Texas Direct Auto Sales which had been on Hwy. 90 in Missouri City when I worked there but they have moved to the Southwest Frwy. in Stafford. This place is HUGE!! and there are more used cars and trucks than I have ever seen in one place. We went to one of their computer terminals and looked up the truck that we wanted to see and took the stock number over to the receptionist desk. She called a salesman up to show it to us, but it seemed like it took 10 minutes for him to get there. When he got there, he went to get the keys but came back and said their key machine was messed up and he couldn't get the keys but would be back as soon as he found them. After another 10-15 minute wait, he came back and told us the truck was in the blue lot. We went to the blue lot but it was mostly cars and few trucks. He never introduced himself to me, but said he needed to go back inside to find the truck. He soon found some lot porters who immediately went to the opposite side of the car lot and found the truck. When they brought it up, it had a low right front tire, not flat but very low. Upon looking the truck over, I noticed the back tires were very bad and would need replacing before I would consider this truck. It met all of our other criteria for a new truck, and we could have been interested in it, but when I told him about the equipment that I wished to move over to the new truck, he said he would have to check and would call me back within an hour. No one called me for about four hours, but the man that called-not the same salesman-said they could not accommodate me. He said they don't have a facility to do this kind of work. Now keep in mind that this is what appears to be a closed-up Dodge dealership so it appears to me that they have plenty of room, they just don't want to do it. I made it plain to this man that I might be interested but the changeover of my equipment would be a condition of purchase. I don't know if wwe'll hear from these guys again or not. Apparently customer service is not in their vocabulary.

We came back home and went out to eat with Bob and Christina and Jerry and Joanne at Cheddar's restaurant. It was not all that packed and the food was delicious. It was a nice time with good friends. Jerry and Joanne are leaving on Saturday to go to Red Bay Alabama to watch their new Allegro Bus being built there. We will all miss them when they leave.

So long.

No comments: