Sunday, November 8, 2009

Saturday November 7, 2009-Rayford Crossing

I went to the rally hall this morning but found that they had locked the cabinets in the Lone Star room. The Rayford room was also locked, so I called Jim to see if he was coming down for coffee, but woke him up. He said he would come down and soon arrived. I made coffee for us and a couple of other guys that came down. I had told Diane that I would make coffee for the potluck breakfast that was scheduled for 9 o'clock.

I went back to the trailer to check on Stella and saw Jerry and Joanne as they drove past on their way out. I stayed around the rally hall for breakfast and as usual, had a great breakfast. I've never gotten a bad meal at a potluck. You can tell from my belly that I've been to a lot of potlucks.

Stella and I came back home and got ready to go visit with our good friends that are being treated at the Medical Center. Bob and Christina were supposed to go with us, but Christina woke up feeling ill and decided not to go. Both Jim and Judy have lessened immune systems due to their chemo treatment, so it is better that Christina not go to keep from the possibility of infecting them.

When we got there, they were all sitting outside of Bill and Ornell's trailer. Bill had fixed some chili for everyone, so after visiting for awhile, we ate. Some ate chili pie with Fritos and a couple ate only the chili. It was good and we all had a good time. Both Judy and Jim ate well, which was good.

We had a very nice visit with our friends and left about 4:30. Traffic was bad and it took us about an hour and a half to get back to the park. Rick and Brenda called to invite us to go to the Opry in Conroe, but it was too late by the time we got back for us to go. We'll try to go later.

There was nothing going on in the park when we got home, so we went inside and relaxed and watched television for the rest of the night. It is cool and damp enough to sleep well under the covers but not too cool to require the heater on for comfort. This is my favorite time of the year.

So long.

No comments: