Friday, November 20, 2009

Thursday November 19, 2009-Rayford Crossing

I went down to have coffee again this morning and got to thinking about our little group. If you think about it, a group like this one really could do some good when it comes to making decisions. All together, we have experiences in just about anything you can imagine. We have retirees from just about any field, military, public services like fire service and of course, law enforcement, many kinds of businesses, including business owners. I'm not sure what some of our guys have done in their life, but I'm sure it would be a great discussion some morning, just going around the table and talking about ourselves and our background. We've got some really smart fellows in this group.

Together we have traveled pretty much around the world and in every state of the union. Of course, the military guys have spent lots of time overseas, keeping us free and safe, but a lot of their time was done in wartime, so there wasn't much time to sightsee.

It is a real treat when we start talking about where we have been and what we like and dislike. We have discussed going on a group trip, and that may work out. Where would we go? Well, we talked about Alaska, but personally I would rather stay in the lower 48 states. I know that our friends Bob and Christina have an Alaska trip planned for next year and I'm sure I will talk to them when they return to find out how it went. I intend to keep in touch with all my winter Texan friends and keep them up about where we are.

There was not much doing in the park today. Stella worked on the computer and I piddled around. I went by Diane's trailer and talked to her about the committee. She asked me to talk to Joe Alessi who is staying right behind her, about doing a newsletter and email notices of upcoming events. When I went over to talk to him, I learned that he is the guy that hit a rock last year and drug it around by the office. He said he did about $5,000 worth of damage to his then-new Phaeton motorhome. It is all fixed now but he made a mess of it back then.

Stella and I have been doing good with our food intake. She has been fixing us a good breakfast, just a snack for lunch and then a good supper. I think we both feel better when we don't eat as much and I know it is healthier for us.

I've had a few comments about my new hair-do or should it be called lack of hair-do? Thanks to all of you. I don't know how long I'll keep it this way, but so far, I like it and as long as my friends are battling cancer, I'm keeping it.

So long.

No comments: