Sunday, July 4, 2010

Saturday July 3, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Today begins the big 4th of July celebration here at the park. We had coffee again and I turned the coffee maker on in the Rayford Room because we were having breakfast served by the park. Billy soon arrived with the breakfast tacos and breakfast began promptly at 8 o'clock. Stella soon arrived and we went in and ate. I visited with several people that I knew and Mike started calling me the "Mayor of the park". I told him that the name belonged to one of the winter Texans but I was glad to keep it going in his place.

Later in the morning we all went to Sam's club to do some shopping. I bought a new Little Giant ladder there and two of the director chairs for Ricky. With the new ladder, I can reach the top of the trailer without having to stand on the top step of a ladder, which will make it much safer for me. It is something I have needed for a long time.

It started to rain really hard just as we got back to the park. One of the beach balls out of the pool was blowing down the main street, so I got out to catch it and take it back to the pool, and while there was called in to help Melissa and Crystal with taking the shelter that had been used by a DJ down and fold up some other items. By the time the rain let up and I was able to walk home, Mike and Stella had most of my stuff out of Mike's truck. I left my new ladder in the bed of Mike's truck and will get it out later.

There was a potluck hamburger supper where the park furnished the meat and buns and guests brought the other side items for burgers. We had a nice time visiting with folks there and met another couple that are staying in the park, John and Judy. John had some expensive whiskey that he let us sip on and told us about a new brand of Texas whiskey that will be coming out next year sometime. Since I don't drink any more, I didn't pay too much attention to the brand. I'll find it out for you if you want me to.

We came back home and sat outside for awhile in the cool evening. The thing we like about the site that we're in is that we have good shade in the afternoon and it cools off sooner than other sites. We chatted with several people that came by during the evening. I spoke with our old friend AD from Stephen F. Austin state park and we made a "date" to drive over there next Sunday to see him and his wife Dee. Our friends Tom and Marti are at SFA this weekend and had run into AD and said hello from me. Mike and Patrice called another old friend of ours, Bob Holley who is the first Mayor of Dickinson. He is living up here in the area, and we made arrangements to meet him tomorrow. It will be good to see him again after many years.

Billy and Gwen's son Nick bought some fireworks and set a few off tonight, but we will wait for the big show tomorrow night and went inside for the night.

so long.

No comments: