Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tuesday & Wednesday, July 6 & 7, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Both Tuesday and Wednesday were just slow working days, plus we got a LOT of rain. Last year was very hot and dry and this year has been the opposite. Of course, we have already had one named hurricane and one more tropical depression. I guess I will need to keep an eye on our destination of Bentsen Palms Village for September to make certain that they have no damage if storms keep going that way.

On Thursday, Stella had called a local dentist on Rayford Rd. to ask if they took walk-in patients. The young girl that answered the telephone obviously didn't understand the question because she answered " well, I guess we can take you if you can walk in". I just don't know about this younger generation...She said that they would be closed for the holiday weekend but would be open next week, so today I stopped by the office, which is near the park. The office door was locked but I called the telephone number and left a message that I needed dental work done. I got a call back and was told that they couldn't see me until tomorrow at 6:15PM for the exam but I would have to come back for an appointment to have the work done. I decided to try to find a dentist that could take me a bit quicker than that.

I got in touch with Gwen to get a recommendation, and she told me of a great dentist on Grogans Mill that I made an appointment with for Monday. Luckily for me, my teeth have stopped bothering me as much, so I should be able to make it. Several doses of whiskey a day seems to have made me feel much better!

On Wednesday, my friend John came down and knocked on the door, telling me that there had been a fire at the Hooks Airport in one of the hangars and asked me if I would like to ride with him to look at the damage. I checked my calendar and appointment book and told him that I could indeed squeeze him into my busy day, so we left. We stopped off at Neal's Family restaurant in Tomball for lunch and then drove over to the airport. The Hooks airport does not take commercial flights, so there is no security there like the larger airports in Houston, so we were able to drive out into the airport and found the burned-out hangar. We couldn't tell what was being stored inside, but of course, it was destroyed in the fire and looked like machinery parts. It could have been a warehouse for airplane parts, but we couldn't tell. We also went to a four-wheeler/Jeep store for John to look at some parts for his Jeep. I also looked around but didn't find anything that I needed, so we returned home. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon, even though it rained most of the afternoon.

So long.

No comments: