Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sunday July 18, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Today was a busy day for us. No coffee this morning because John went to church early this morning, so I stayed home with Stella and we got ready to leave this morning. We went to Danbury to the Danbury Baptist Church. The church's pastor, Jason Treadaway, is my second cousin. His mother Nancy Sharp Treadaway was my cousin, but sadly, she passed away a few years ago from cancer. Her mother, my aunt Janie, called me a week or so ago and told me that Jason and his wife Katherine had recently learned that they were about to become parents again (unexpectedly) after having given away all of their baby goods. Now they need everything, so we were throwing them a surprise baby shower with help from the church. I think Jason was very surprised to see so many members of his family in church but had figured it out by the time we began the shower. We had a very nice time visiting with our family that was there, and it was good to see Jason's dad Jack and his brother Joe. Joe was a year ahead of me in high school and a good friend from the First Baptist Church in Galveston. Jack, who was several years younger was also a friend from church and was of course, married to my cousin Nancy. I hope you're not too confused with this little walk down memory lane with me.

From Danbury, we went to Kim's house in Texas City for her birthday celebration lunch. Her birthday isn't until the 26th, but we will be gone by then, so we had to do her lunch today. She decided on Red Lobster in Webster, so we loaded up the boys and took off. We had a nice meal but declined to have the restaurant staff sing Happy Birthday to her. The waiter did bring her a bowl of ice cream with a candle in it and we all sang to her anyway. While we ate, we made plans for the boys to come up later in the week for our trip.

From there we returned to Texas City to the Emken Linton funeral home for the wake for our good friend Pierre. I told you a couple of days ago about our past camping fun with him and his family and won't dwell on it again. It was a very sad time but it was good to see everyone in our "extended family" and relive some of our times together. They showed a collage of photos of Pierre on various camping trips and we were reminded of the good times we all had with him. Be at Peace with God old friend.

So long.

No comments: