Friday, July 16, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Today I woke feeling pretty poorly with my mouth and jaw still pretty sore. I had heard from John yesterday that he had something to do and wouldn't be down for coffee, and Larry sometime stopped by on his way to work, and since there wasn't anyone else that drank coffee, I didn't go down either.

Stella felt like she could handle driving in to work again, so I allowed her to drive my truck (LOL) over to the other park. I felt a little better and took a walk around the park a couple of times during the day. I needed to get out of the house and get some exercise anyway, so I walked a few laps around the park. I also went by the office to see if my refrigerator part had come in. it hadn't, so I came back home.

Tommy went to the store and bought some steaks for everyone and Len and Peggy volunteered to cook, so we all went to their site about 6 to eat supper. We had a great meal, although Peggy's brand new fryer didn't work the way it was supposed to. it would only get to 415 degrees before it would cut off, which is not hot enough to fry things properly. We worked it out though, and everyone had plenty to eat. The sirloin steak that Tommy had bought for me was HUGE, and way more than I could eat, so I shared it with Stella. Together we finished it, but boy, were we stuffed. We had a choice of watermelon or coconut cream pie for dessert, and I chose the pie. I know, I know, it's not the best thing for me to have, but it looked soooo good and I couldn't resist. We had a great meal and later Billy and Gwen came by and ate some of the watermelon. We had some good conversations with our friends, but when my jaw started hurting me again, I came home. Yeah, I'm a big baby, but it hurt! The party didn't last much longer because Stella came home later when the skeeters started biting. It was another great night and we enjoy our lifestyle so much.

So long.

No comments: