Friday, July 23, 2010

Wednesday July 21, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

I had coffee with John this morning and returned home to find that Stella made some biscuits with sausage for breakfast. It sucks not having a regular refrigerator and freezer but the new part is supposed to be in today, so hopefully that problem will be solved today.


I took Stella to work this morning so that I could do my chores in the park-getting the money out of the laundromat machines and checking the Coke machine. When I got done there, I went to Discount Tires to have the tires rotated and balanced and to have the air pressure checked. Its a free service from DT when you buy tires from them and cheap insurance against tire problems. When they rotate the tires, they also inspect the tires for any defects or damage, so it gives us some peace of mind when we leave. I continued my truck maintenance by going to have the truck fuel filter changed at the local Kwik Lube place. More preventive maintenance before the trip.

I came on back to the park and stopped at the office to check the mail. I had seen a Fed-X truck turning into the park when I left this morning, and I hoped it was carrying my package from Dometic. IT WAS!!! I called Johnny to give him the good news and he said he was busy right now but would be out as soon as he could to get my work done. I returned home, exhausted from all the chores and relaxed (napped) some. I took Cassie out for a stroll in the afternoon, but it was threatening rain and she could hear thunder in the distance which terrifies her, so she cut our walk short and came back inside. She is funny because when we are alone in the trailer, she sleeps all over the place, but let the weather turn bad and she is in my lap. Big 'ol baby...

I went to get Stella from work and we decided to stop by Wal Mart on our way home. I needed a new storage box for my cordless drill and a couple of other storage items before we leave, so this was as good a time as any to get them done. We had just gotten into the store when Johnny called to tell me that he was at our place. I told him to go ahead and get the roof sealed and we would be right home. He said he had already started working on it and had another call to make in the park but would be here when we got back.

By the time we got back, Johnny was through with the roof and it had started to rain again just as we pulled into the site. This was a good test of his work because it rained really hard for ten-fifteen minutes but we didn't find any leaks inside. Great news! When the rain let up a bit, Johnny came in and installed the circuit board in the fridge and it fired right up! More great news! I was also thrilled to learn that Heartland will pay for the resealing of the roof under warranty.

At least now we won't have to carry the little refrigerator on vacation with us. I certainly made a good buy when I picked that thing up from one of the officers that worked for me in Manvel. It's a small under-counter refrigerators that has really come in handy for us and several of our friends who have used it when their own went out.

Now we can really get started with the preparations to leave. I go get the boys tomorrow and then the fun begins!

So long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi we are neighbors at Rayford Crossing. We just bought a 27 foot Trail Runner and its parked on the main road towards the back of the park.I work in Spring but live in Port Arthur. Hope to talk to you all soon. Karen