Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday July 14, 2010-Rayford Crossing RV Resort

Today began as a typical day in our life. I went and had coffee with John this morning and came home and took Stella to work. Pretty uneventful and routine, but then the "fun" began.

I came back to the park and went to the office to talk to Melissa and Crystal about this winters activities that are being planned. They told me that a committee will be formed to make these plans but that it will be changed from last year. I told them about some of the ideas I have for planned activities for the winter Texans and they said they would keep them in mind and make note of them for consideration.

I had a dentist appointment with Dr. Nellis here in the Woodlands for the beginning of my dental work. He pulled three teeth that have been bothering me for a long time and although I am quite sore tonight, I am certain that my mouth will be well in just a few days. I still have an appointment with a dental surgeon for October when we return from our summer trip, and THEN the real fun will begin. He will make further recommendations about my teeth and we will go from there. I really can't complain about Dr. Nellis' treatment at all. He was very gentle with my sore mouth and didn't make me cry which was a good thing.

I came back home and hung out until time to go pick Stella up from work. This job thing is working out pretty well. I have suggested that Stella get a job at the new Wal Mart store near the park, but I don't think she's going for it. Actually, my suggestion was for her to walk the two miles from the park to Wal Mart which would have allowed her to exercise her bad knees and make them stronger. It would make her legs stronger too, and if she took a sack with her, she could pick up cans that have been tossed out by passing cars, which would have done her civic duty by cleaning up the litter and we could use the money from the sale of the cans. It's a win-win situation, but like I said, I don't think she's gonna buy it.

So long.

No comments: