Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday April 10, 2009

Today was another great weather day here in Tyler. The weather was cool this morning but it was clear and not as windy as it has been. I guess we had better enjoy these cool mornings because summer will be here soon.

We went over to Canton today to check out the Mill Creek RV Resort. Bill went to the First Monday not long ago and raved about the park. We have to agree with him, this is a great park and probably worth the $50 per night fee for the First Monday weekend. They have a shuttle bus that runs every 30 minutes and serve a barbecue supper to their guests on Saturday night. We will definitely come back to this place! We also went back to the Canton RV Park where we used to go with Mike and Patrice. Man, what a dump that place has become. They have torn down an old building that was on site, and there was only one lonely trailer in the park. The place really looks bad, but we met the new owner who promised to improve the place. We'll see....

we ate a huge lunch at the Ranchero restaurant. They bill themselves as having a "World Class" buffet and we have to agree it is a great place to eat and pretty cheap too. We both ate for $16.00or so, not including tax. To have the variety that they offer would cost much more if we tried to duplicate it at home.

We drove on down to the hospital to visit Aunt Frat again. When we got to her room, she was asleep, so we went to sit in the waiting room. I had gotten a call from Thomas that they were leaving to go get something to eat just before we went to eat too. Then we had the drive back to Tyler from Canton, so we were surprised when no one else was at the hospital. Thomas had told me that Frat had a bad night last night, so I figured they had given her something to let her rest. There was a new waiting room on her floor, so we sat in the new chairs, but there was no television and no magazines yet, so we went downstairs to the lobby where we found some magazines to read. We stayed for a little more than an hour and left.

On our way home, we saw a sign for the Tyler State Park and decided to go check it out. It was 9 miles to the park but it seemed to be 20 miles because of the twisting, turning road. We finally got there and a very nice lady camphost let us in for 30 minutes to check on the park. Some of the sites were very nice and right on the lake, but others were too short for our trailer. The park was full to capacity this weekend, so we didn't stay very long.

At the intersection of the park road and the county road we had taken to get to the park, we saw a sign for the Whispering Pines RV park. We knew that this was where our friends Bob and Pat (TX Bobcat) were staying. We drove out to this park and soon found them and went in and had a short visit with them. Their daughter, her boyfriend and her children were visiting them so we didn't stay very long. It was good to see the Bobcat because we don't know when we'll see him again this year. His travels are going other ways from ours.

We returned to the trailer to our dog, who was glad to see us and to allow her to go outside. She was inside since before noon, so she was ready....

No comments: