Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Monday June 27, 2011-Addison Oaks County Park

When I woke up, it was freezing! At least to me it was. I checked the thermometer and found the outside temp was 58 and the inside 66. I covered up with my blankie and was fine, but it sure felt colder than that.

When we got up this morning, something had changed in the dish and we couldn't get any reception. I went outside and moved the antenna and after a little fiddling with the receiver, it worked again. I guess the cool night air affected it.

Remember yesterday when we moved over here and I had to put more air in the flat tire? I thought it was fixed but today I heard more creaking of the suspension so when I went out to check, I found that the tire was going down again, so my fix didn't last. Rats, now I've gotta get that done. Stella called Good Sam Road Service and found out that all they would do is send someone out to take the tire off and put on the spare. I didn't want to do that, so I cancelled the call to them. The spare tire has a different wheel on it than the pretty aluminum rims and I wanted our house to look nice. I'll try to find someone locally that can help me out.

Stella wanted to go into town and wash clothes, so while we were looking for a laundromat, I was looking for a tire repair shop. I found the Discount Tire store and stopped in there. The young men there seemed like no one had ever asked them for road service help. They seemed shocked when I asked them about it and couldn't think of anyone that could help me out. I told them that I was traveling through but they said that if I could bring the trailer in, they would work on it. Their parking lot is tiny and I don't think I could get the trailer in but they didn't offer any alternatives. I've been preaching customer service for years, and some could certainly be used here.

We searched all over Rochester for a laundromat but were unable to find one. We finally found the Chamber of Commerce and Stella got a yellow pages directory and we soon located one. While she was washing the clothes I looked up a couple of tire services in the area. Not being from around here, it was difficult to know where I was calling. This is a metro area with services listed as far away as Detroit. I called one service south of Detroit, who referred me to another one that I called. The man on the phone told me that they could come out and take care of my problem but they must work on bigger trailers because he asked me-twice-how large the trailer was and the size of the tires. He told me the minimum charge would be $130 so I thanked him for his time and kept looking. I'll check at the park. There are county deputies that patrol the park, and perhaps they can suggest someone.

We came back home and ate supper and just relaxed for the evening. I took the pups out and they certainly enjoyed the outdoors around here. There are only two other rigs in the circle near us so it's like we are all alone in this park. That, along with the weather, make this a pretty nice place to stay for a few days. It's not breathtakingly beautiful like Colorado, but it's not too bad.

So long.

1 comment:

Ted and Donna said...

Ted said when he gets there, you two can take the tire off, get it fixed, and put it back on. There are laundries at the park Stella could use. I'm not sure I've ever used them though because I usually go to Kara's. I'm doing 3 loads here at Indian Springs tonight since we're so far behind. Hopefully things will continue to go well and we'll see you tomorrow.