Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thursday June 23, 2011-Moving Day-Goshen Fairground to Detroit-Greenfield RV Park

At our new home at the Greenfield RV Park in Ypsilanti Michigan.

We woke later than we wanted to this morning. I guess it was the rain off and on all night. We made pretty good progress until our friends came over to see us off but it was absolutely worth it! We wouldn't have it any other way because our friends mean much more to us than getting away early. We're only going about 170 miles today, so its really not a big deal at all. It also rained a bit, which slowed me down some. I put the awning out when taking the porch down so it wasn't too bad.

We pulled out about 10:40 and made good time on the road. We made a good stop at the last travel plaza on the toll road before we exited and got something to eat and some coffee, so its all good. We pulled into the Detroit-Greenfield RV Park in Ypsilanti Michigan about 2:30 and were all set up and relaxing by 3:30. We sat outside having coffee when some people that we met at the Mission West RV park came by. They are staying here and working at this park this summer and we had a nice visit with them. We made arrangements to go to breakfast with them tomorrow and exploring the area after.

Since the rally has been going on, we have eaten so much food, so we went very light tonight. It will feel pretty good in the morning to wake up with a less swollen stomach. Of course, thats what rallies are all about-overeating.

It started to rain later in the evening and rained all night. The television news weathercaster predicted 10-15 degrees cooler for tomorrow so we're looking forward to that! I'll tell you one thing, this park is an absolute mudhole when it rains. I knew there was no grass and had put out my patio mat and was glad I did when it started to rain. I went out one time to check that I had put the truck windows up and had to wade in water. Then some squirrels started dropping or throwing something on the roof of the trailer. It didn't seem to bother Cassie or Tramp but I had to go out a few times to check. Don't worry, I took my pistol in case those squirrel attacked me. Lucky for them they didn't. It could have been bloody!

So long.

No comments: