Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Photos as promised

Stella standing beside a 1957 Hudson Hornet in front of the Ypsilanti Auto Museum.


An ad from the era with features of the old car. Check out the prices on the other window sticker.


Here are three old Hudsons from the 1940's. They just don't build 'em like this any more...


A 1933 Terraplane, a name I've never heard. I'm not enough of a fan of these 30's era cars, but they all look about the same to me.


Here's the window sticker with info on the Terraplane. At least it was inexpensive. Of course, in it's day it wasn't all that inexpensive.


They're still working on some of these old cars. I didn't talk to the mechanic but did talk to one of the guys that works there and he said they have to make a lot of the parts for them. They have pretty complete manuals but parts are very scarce.


Those guys on American Pickers need to find this place. Old cars, old bicycles, old chairs and a few old men that probably won't part with any of them.


Look at this beauty, hanging from the rafters.



Get your genuine Hudson matched lights right here! They had everything including authentic Waltham clocks that were for sale here at one time. Who knows, for the right amount of money you might be able to buy some of these.


When is the last time you saw a set of curb feelers? I remember them as a child but its been a very long time since I was a child.


Obviously this is a Hudson starter guard but I have no idea what it was used for. I didn't know a starter needed a guard.


This isn't a car part, its a kitchen match box. This is another of those things that I remember from my childhood. No one had self igniting stoves or pilot lights on ovens, so kitchen matches were used to light them. As I recall, these boxes either were hanging from the kitchen wall on a nail or were sitting beside the stove.


This is a 1953 Lincoln. The sign on it says that the Hydramatic automatic transmission was first built for the Lincoln division of Ford Motor Company. I always thought the Hydramatic was a GM product.


I don't know what the chassis was for but the photo is really about the Corvair collection in the museum. You very seldom see a Corvair on the road any more, thanks to Ralph Nader.


This is a replica of a Tucker automobile that was built for the movie "Tucker" starring Jeff Bridges.
If you can read the sign on the car, you will learn more about this particular one.

I hope you can read this. It is an interesting story.



This is full circle I guess, a security guard's three wheel bicycle. Again, they should call those Picker guys and let them make an offer.


Check out the old sign behind the cars. Notice they were selling the "Dodge Bros. Motor Cars and Trucks". I don't know when they stopped calling them that, but it was a long time ago.


An old Kaiser 2 door coupe. Another one that hasn't been seen in many years. This is a slick-looking car and must have taken a lot of work to return to this condition.

This will be the end of this group of photos.


So long.




No comments: