Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Monday July 18, 2011-Mackinaw Mill Creek Campground

We visited Mackinaw City today to see what was there. We found another old fort site with the usual lighthouse attached to it. We saw the awesome "Big Mack" bridge, the third longest of total suspension bridge in the world and the longest suspension between anchorages in the Western Hemisphere. It carries Interstate 75 between the upper and lower peninsulas of Michigan. We have not crossed the bridge yet but when we do, I'll be sure to report it here.

I also went to see a Coast Guard icebreaking ship but Stella didn't want to climb the steep stairs and ladders, so I walked down onto the dock to take photos of the ship. I didn't want to leave her alone while I toured the ship.

We went into the downtown area and saw many gift shops and eateries and actually stopped in a little bakery/coffee shop and had a small snack. We plan to go back downtown soon and again, I will report what we find there.

I took several photos today but when I tried to download them here, I didn't have any luck. I guess my Internet connection is too slow but when I get to a better location, I will add them for you to see. There is a lot to see here, and I will pass it along to you.

So long.

No comments: