Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Photos from Mackinaw City

I got these photos posted today after I changed locations and got a better connection. Thank you for hanging in with me.

Here we are, at home again in Mackinaw Mill Creek campground. These sites give a little more privacy between the sites but they have some others with a water view with little separation between the sites.

Here I am, standing in Lake Huron. This makes two of the Great Lakes that I have been in while on this trip.


Stella didn't want to get her shoes wet, so she stood beside me while another visitor took our picture.


Here is the "Big Mack" bridge. It is a beautiful bridge and reminds me of the bridge over the strait of Baytown, also a suspension bridge.


This is Fort Michilimackinac-wow, say that three times! in Mackinaw at the base of the big bridge.


The description and history of the fort.


The Icebreaker Mackinaw


A little explanation of the icebreaker features.


To show that boats from all over come here, I saw this one from Alaska.



















and this one from Alaska. I looked for one from Texas but couldn't find one.





















No comments: