Sunday, July 3, 2011

Saturday June 2, 2011-Addison Oaks County park

After the big fireworks show last night, Mother Nature gave us one of her own this afternoon. Stella took the dogs out and said the wind had picked up and took the awning down. When she returned, she said it had started to rain, very lightly. In just a couple of minutes, the wind started to blow, it began to rain harder and harder, then the hail started and the winds rocked the trailer. Some of the results are shown below.

A neighbor on one side. They were gone and I hadn't looked out the window to see that their awning was still out. If I had noticed, I'd have gone over and rolled it up for them.

Someones tent that got flattened. I went over soon after the storm ended to make sure no one had been in the tent-guess its the cop in me-but no one was around.



A little tree behind us got knocked over. There were several people that lost their awnings and had their stuff strewn all over but no serious damage or injuries were seen.


At least it cooled things off.


I'd like to wish everyone a safe and Happy 4th of July tomorrow. I'd like to end today's entry with The Star Spangled Banner sung by the Gaither Vocal Band.

So long.



No comments: