Friday, July 1, 2011

Thursday June 30, 2011-Addison Oaks County Park

Another chilly 55 degree morning here. I blogged and read the news under my blanket again until Stella and the dogs finally came out from under the blankets and we ate breakfast. About 9:30 I went outside to finally repair the tire on the trailer. I hooked the trailer up to the truck to pull it onto the roll-on platform that Ted has and which made it much easier to raise the trailer to remove the flat tire.

I don't think that I have mentioned that I had split two sockets when trying to loosen the lug nuts. The nuts were tightened using an air impact wrench and overtightened. I'm sure that all the lug nuts are the same way and will get them all checked eventually. It was difficult to find a lug wrench to fit my wheels but I finally did when Ted and I went to a parts store.

We finally got the tire off and repaired (found a nail in the tread as well as a scrape on the wheel, where a stump had apparently hit the tire knocking it off and flattening the tire) at the Wal Mart in town and brought it back and installed it back on the trailer. Ted and I were able to pick the tire up and put it on the hub but not get the lug bolts aligned with the holes in the wheel but one of our neighbors came over and helped us to get it on. Whew! what an ordeal! We got everything back on and tightened, so we are back in business.

We both went to our respective homes and relaxed for awhile. Stella and I took some of the tools that I had bought back to a store in Romeo. One set of sockets had two of the 3/4 sockets instead of a 13/16 that I needed. We got a refund and went back over to find something to eat. We haven't eaten out since our first day in Ypsilanti, and today we decided to try the Five Guys burgers. We had a nice meal and returned home. It was such a nice day that we sat outside, watching everyone coming in for the big 4th of July holiday weekend. There are a lot of kids in the park for the weekend and we are expecting to have a lot of fun. Ted and Donna's daughters will be coming out, so I'm sure that we'll have a good time this weekend. We had a nice campfire and sat outside until 11 o'clock again, enjoying the cool temperatures.

We hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.

So long.

No comments: