Sunday, May 6, 2012

Friday May 4, 2012-Oasis RV Resort/Ron Hoover RV

I spoke with my friend Ken, who owns RV-EZ Step, to tell him of a problem I have with some of the "feet" on my porch/steps. He told me to bring it over to his shop in Manvel this morning and he would look at it. When the powder coating had been applied, they apparently left the threads of the bolt on the feet exposed, making them freeze in place. Ken used a huge pipe wrench to get the bolts loose and after removing them, he used his wire wheel to clean them up. He then applied a new copper lubricant, so now they better than new!

On my way out, I noticed that Chief Garcia's vehicle was at the Manvel PD, so I decided to stop in to see my old boss and friend. I noticed his vehicle because it is the one that I had bought for my use when I worked at the Police Dept. It was good to catch up with things in Manvel, but even though he mentioned me coming back from retirement, I am not interested in going back.

On my way back home, I decided to stop by our old house to see if I could search around the back yard to find the plaque that I got for Ralphie, my dog that passed away about five years ago. It would have meant a lot to me if I could find it. I talked to the owner, a hispanic man who was very nice and allowed me to check in the yard where I had buried him but could not locate it. Someone had removed all the lily plants that were back there and the ground was hard as a rock and nothing was seen on top of the ground. I dug around, trying to find a piece of the ceramic monument but couldn't find anything. It was heartbreaking for me but then I didn't really expect to find it.

We hung out for the afternoon but got a call from Mike and Patrice inviting us to meet them at Gringos restaurant to celebrate Patrice's birthday. The restaurant was crowded and very loud tonight, so after a good meal with great friends, we came on back here and sat outside until the skeeters started to bite. Mike had brought their trailer out here yesterday but they didn't spend the night here but said they will be back to stay tomorrow.

So long


No comments: