Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tuesday May 22, 2012-Oasis RV Resort/Ron Hoover RV

I was up pretty early and getting things done on our last full day here. I had a couple of things that I wanted to take to storage, so I was out the door before 9 this morning. Our parts were supposed to be here today, and I knew that Stella wanted to go wash our dirty clothes and one of us would have to be here when the work is being done, so I wanted to get an early start. I found diesel fuel for about .15 cheaper than the other stations, so I pulled in and spent what felt like an hour filling both tanks before going to store our stuff. Keep this in mind for later...

After leaving the storage lot, I decided to stop off at Discount Tire to get a free air check. The nice young man there would not accept any money for topping off the air in all the truck tires and I was quickly on my way. I did learn to twist the decorative center caps on the rear dually wheels. They will fall off in the parking lot if not properly secured.

I stopped off at Wal Mart to pick up a couple of last minute items including another wash bucket to keep the truck and trailer clean. My last one blew away during a storm, but they're only about $3, so I didn't spend much money.

I came on back home and stopped by the office to check on our parts. They were in HALLELUJAH!! but Ryan had been sent over to Alvin to install some awning material for a customer. Willy the service manager, told me that he knew we intended to leave tomorrow and he would send Ryan over as soon as he returned.

It was probably close to 2 PM before Ryan came by. I had just taken Stella to wash our clothes and had just gotten back when he arrived. He began to work and about 15-20 minutes later, he had installed the parts and was ready to check the slide operation. He hit the button and NOTHING! happened. With a puzzled look, he went back outside and began trying to get things going. Mike dropped by to load his trailer up and take it home for them to take a trip this weekend and he and I tried to think of things to suggest to Ryan, but he figured it out on his own. It had to be a bad slide-out switch, so he left to see if they had a switch in stock. Mike got loaded up and I wanted to watch him negotiate the turn out of the park, so as I walked over the exit gate, I saw Ryan returning with the new switch. HALLELUJAH!! again, it worked! We slid the doorside room in and bumped the offdoor side so we knew it worked. Talk about a last minute fix! He got through about 3 o'clock in the afternoon.

Now keep in mind that I'm usually outside when all this sliding rooms in is going on and didn't think about the furniture that has to be moved and everything picked up off the floor to get the slides in. And of course, the dogs were freaking out when the couch started to move. Long story short, everything is working properly now so all is well with the world. Our world at least...

I went and picked Stella up at the washateria and we came on back home. I went outside and started putting things away since we now know that we can leave tomorrow, while Stella put our clean clothes away.

We decided to go over and see the boys one more time before we leave. Of course, as soon as we got there, both of them, being eternally hungry, demanded that we take them out to eat before we go. It's not, we want to spend a little more time with you MeMa and PePaw, it, we're hungry and you need to feed us! in fact, Tyler tried to quote me some obscure law that says that grandparents Must take a hungry grandchild out to eat! I think he's still trying to find that one in the law book.

We (I) decided to go eat some oriental food at one of our old favorite buffets. Cameron, being the food critic in the family, said the food wasn't very good there but we went anyway. I've got to give Cam his due, he knows his restaurants. The food wasn't bad, it just wasn't good. It was stale and tough and wasn't the same quality of food that we had before. I'll bet there is something else in this location the next time we come.

After a lot of hugs, we were on our way back home to start packing. I decided that, since we have driven about 50 miles since I filled up this morning, I would stop at a station that is near the park and top off the tank.
I wanted to start this long trip absolutely full. I told Stella that I knew we were down about 3, maybe 4 gallons of fuel, so we wouldn't spend only a couple of bucks at the pump. I said it would look really stupid to go in and only get a tiny amout of fuel with prices what they are now. The pump wouldn't take my credit card, so Stella went inside and told the clerk that we would only need about $12-$15 worth of fuel and she turned the pump on. In only a few seconds, she told Stella I was through and the bill was only 60 cents! Our auxilliary tank siphons fuel into the truck tank as we drive, and that was all I could get into the truck! I was too embarrassed to put any into the extra tank, so we left. The truck tank is absolutely full, right up to the filler neck!
Maybe that was one of those things you had to be there to see the humor.

So long.

No comments: