Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wednesday May 9, 2012-Oasis RV Resort/Ron Hoover RV

We've been sleeping later and later for some reason. I can't explain it, but we've been sleeping until 8 o'clock or later for the past two or three days. There is no reason for us to get up early except when we are traveling, which will begin again in another week or so. Actually it is exactly two weeks until we are scheduled to leave here for our summer trip, but who's counting?

Stella decided to take our laundry over to Kim's house to wash up so that she and Kim could spend some time together and to save us a couple of bucks. The money didn't mean nearly as much as the Mother/Daughter time. I didn't know that it would take ALL DAY LONG!! I took her over about 11 and came on back home and piddled around here for the rest of the day. I talked to Ryan and he didn't plan to do anything else to the trailer today, so I had the day off! What a concept...!

I went back over to pick Stella up about 6 but she and Kim had gone to get their nails done. When they returned, I learned that she still had one load to wash and dry and one more load to dry only. We finally left for home about 9:15. Like I said, it shouldn't have taken all day. At least we will only have to wash once more before we leave. Since this park is primarily an RV/boat dealer, there is no provision for a laundry facility, so we'll find one that is nearby.

I am amazed at how much the City of LaMarque has changed in the years since I lived and worked here. We lived here when Melissa was born and I worked for the Gibson Discount store and then began my career as a Police Officer officially with the LaMarque Police Dept. The old Gibson store is now an industrial cable company and the PD has moved around the corner from the old location into an old bank building. Of course, all the people that worked there are gone now, either having retired or moved on. My-my, how time flies.

So long.

No comments: