Sunday, May 20, 2012

Saturday May 19, 2012-Oasis RV Resort/Ron Hoover RV

Today was a bad day around here. No everything in the trailer is okay, but we went to two of Cameron's baseball games and they got spanked in both of them. They were dominated in most of the first game but made a comeback in the final inning and lost 7-6. (They must play at least 4 innings, but the games are limited to 1 1/2 hours for scheduling) The second game was a blowout defeat and at the end of 3 innings, they were behind 15-1, but again rallied in the final at-bat and lost it 17-5. Cam was in a bad mood after the game and didn't even speak to me as we left the field. I had planned for him to come over and swim in the pool here but he was acting up and didn;t get invited.

Tyler had band performances at 11 and 12:30 that we couldn't make because of the ball games. The band only performed a couple of songs for a couple of events, so it was no big deal that we missed.

We came on back home and hung out here. Let me ask you a question. Yesterday I bought a new shredder at Office Depot for Stella to use when she gets rid of our own documents but mainly for shredding her client's documents. At the same time I bought a new computer game and while checking out, the clerk warned me that if the game was opened, it could not be returned. I asked her if this rule would still apply if the software was defective and she said the rule is, no return if opened, no exceptions. I didn't know if this was a friendly warning to all customers or somehow she was telling me this software was possibly bad. I hesitated buying but it was a brand of game that I have bought several times in the past, just an updated version. Well, sure enough, I got home and downloaded the new software and now it won't load.

Now comes the real question. We hadn't unpacked the shredder, so I thought about taking it back to the store and get my money back for that item if they stick to their policy. No problem there and it would make my point, but Stella really does need the new shredder and was glad to get it. Decisions, decisions...

So long.

3 comments:

Ted and Donna said...

If it was Best Buy they may have a restocking fee. No sense sending good money after bad ... but I understand your frustration.

2psnapod1 said...

They may not let you return it...but they might let you exchange it for the same thing if is defective.

TravelTiger said...

I think they offer free pc checkups? Try taking the computer up there and get them to load it. When it doesn't work, say, "well I bought it here, can I get my money back?"