Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tuesday May 8, 2012-Oasis RV Resort/Ron Hoover RV

I went over to the service office this morning to check on the progress of the parts that are needed. I also needed to find out when Ryan was planning to come over today because we had planned to go over to Kim's house to do laundry and to give her and Stella a chance to visit. I learned that the technician from Frigidaire was coming over this afternoon and that Ryan was on his way over. Ryan soon came over and removed and repaired the toilet that had begun to leak. He had to remove it to find the gasket that was kinked and replaced it with a new one and reinstalled it. The tech from Frigidaire soon showed up and made an adjustment to the micro/convection oven and so, for today, everything is done!

It was early enough in the afternoon that we still had time to run some errands. I wanted to have my I-Phone checked because it wouldn't take any updates. We went to the Apple store at Baybrook mall and learned that my phone is up to date but a new 4G phone is recommended. The clerk said that the 3G phones like mine will soon be obsolete and tried really hard to sell me on the idea of a new phone, but I'm not buying it. I don't feel the need to buy a new phone every time a new one comes out with some new cool features, so I think I'll just keep this one.

We decided to eat a bite at the Cafe Adobe just outside Baybrook mall. Cafe Adobe had always been one of our favorite restaurants and it was still good here. I can't tell you the last time we've been at one but it was everything we remembered. We heard thunder and knew that thunderstorms had been predicted for today, so we hurried out of the restaurant and decided to go back home instead of going to the grocery store. The rain soon started and was pouring down when we passed the HEB store, but we went back home until it had stopped. After a couple of hours, the rain had stopped and we went on back to the store. With all our day's chores done, we returned home. We were both still full of the mexican food we had earlier, so we didn't have supper tonight. We like to do this sometimes, and I think we feel better.

So long.

No comments: