Friday, May 18, 2012

Thursday May 17, 2012-Oasis RV Resort/Ron Hoover RV

Another nice but warm morning here. I found out that the parts are in, so I just waited for Ryan to come down and do the final install. I had gotten a box of old medical records that Stella had been keeping for one of her clients, so she went outside and sat under the awning to shred and I went out so sit with her. Ryan had showed up and was working on replacing the ram on the door side slide. After awhile he asked me to push the slide button but nothing happened. I could hear the hydraulic pump working but the slide didn't move. Ryan came out scratching his head and after some conversation, he asked me to call Bob at Lippert again for help. I couldn't get in touch with Bob and left him a message and Ryan went on to other installs.

Mike came over and emptied his extra fuel tank into mine. He has made a deal to buy a new truck and didn't want to let the fuel go with his old truck. Mike also told me that they would take my old Adirondack chairs. Those chairs have been in the family for a long time and they have a large history with us. It gets a few things out of storage and still stays in our "family".

We stayed around while Ryan completed his tasks and later, Stella and I drove over and picked up the chairs and dropped them off at Mike and Patrice's house. We then rode over to San Leon to find a new restaurant called Bubba's that Carol had told us about. It wasn't in the exact location that we had been told but we found it. They advertise that they are "the home of the endless shrimp" so we'll probably check it out this weekend. I'll give a review of it when we go.

So long.

No comments: